Nexen our looking to recruit an experienced CAD engineer to join our technical team.
To produce CAD models, drawings and bills of materials to ensure components are procured in a timely fashion, ensuring the on time delivery of our products.
• To create 3D CAD models using Solid Edge.
• To produce component drawings for production.
• To take ownership of all engineering aspects from point of order to manufacture.
• To produce bills of material, detailing all components required to complete an order.
• To complete technical documentation to support the products e.g. parts list, GA drawings.
• To be responsible for ongoing product enhancement projects.
• To produce and collate engineering and technical data to provide accurate product data to customers.
• To keep up to date with latest methodology for CAD system and engineering processes to ensure the software is used to its fullest extent effectively.
• To be responsible for own health and safety and personal development, keeping up to date with relevant issues in relation to job role.
It is expected that all candidates should have a basic engineering understanding, knowing what factors and choices will affect the design process.
- Demonstrate that that they are capable of producing component drawings with sufficient detail for manufacture.
- Experience working with Solid Edge
- Experience of working with PLM systems, in particular Team Center